Canadian Auto Workers President Buzz Hargrove says he already has begun pressing local and national government to help fund a new future for Ford Motor Co.’s St. Thomas, Ont., assembly plant, marked for a shift-reduction and an uncertain future by the auto maker’s latest restructuring plan. Hargrove says Ford plans to cut one of two shifts currently operating at St. Thomas next year, taking out 1,200 jobs at the facility.(See related story: Ford Closing Seven Assembly Plants ) But he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.