The Canadian Auto Workers union is “more than willing” to extend a no-strike guarantee to Toyota Motor Corp. in exchange for a chance to represent its Canadian employees, says the union’s top official. The CAW recently entered into a no-strike/no-lockout deal with Magna International Inc. In return, the supplier agreed to step aside and allow the CAW the opportunity to represent all of its 18,000 Canadian workers. “If we were able to get recognition from them of the union on a volunteer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.