Canadian Auto Workers President Ken Lewenza says despite working for 48 hours straight on a deal to cut labor costs for Chrysler LLC’s Canadian unit, the two sides are “potentially miles apart” on a deal. “Two times in the last 48 hours we were within inches of a collective agreement…in both times the deal was pulled back, both times the goal post shifted,” Lewenza tells the media in a conference call today. “We were inches apart this morning, and now we’re potentially miles apart.” The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.