The president of the Canadian Auto Workers says his union will not reopen bargaining with General Motors of Canada Ltd. under any circumstance, despite the events of the last 24 hours that have seen the U.S. government force out General Motors Corp. CEO Rick Wagoner and reject GM’s restructuring plan as insufficient. President Obama said earlier today the U.S. government will extend federal loans to GM for 60 days and provide working capital for Chrysler LLC for 30 days while it completes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.