Cycle & Carriage Bintang Bhd says a joint venture agreement it signed with DaimlerChrysler AG Sept. 5 for wholesale distribution of Mercedes-Benz vehicles in Malaysia will harm its future earnings. C&C had held exclusive distribution rights to Mercedes vehicles in Malaysia since 1974. Last year, DC claimed distribution rights from C&C’s Singapore associate, C&C Ltd., so that it could be directly involved in the region. C&C says the JV, effective Jan. 1, will leave it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.