With tantalizingly huge automotive markets such as China and India looming in the future, it understandably is easy for auto makers to overlook other emerging markets – such as Jamaica or Guatemala. Few markets are as ignored as Central America and the Caribbean, says Diego Portillo Mazal, senior market analyst-Latin America at Global Insight Inc. The region’s 38 nations only account for 250,000 vehicles sold annually – and half that total comes out of Puerto Rico. Only four ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.