DETROIT – Renault SA is not in talks with Ford Motor Co. about a possible acquisition of Volvo Car, says Renault Chairman and CEO Louis Schweitzer. But bigger investment in Russia is a possibility, the auto maker’s top executive tells Ward’s in an interview here. Schweitzer: Rumors didn’t start with Renault. Rumors that Renault and Ford were in talks over Volvo ownership have been circulating for months and hit a new crescendo at the Bologna, Italy, auto show in December. (see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.