DETROIT – The Free and Secure Transport program is living up to its acronym – FAST – by quickly causing a stir. Designed to expedite commercial shipments between Canada and the U.S., FAST could slow the border’s busiest single crossing point when leaders of the two countries meet here Sept. 9 to formalize the traffic-flow arrangement. President George W. Bush and Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien will appear near the Ambassador Bridge, which spans the Detroit River and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.