Ford Motor Co. currently is considering what action, if any, it needs to take on potentially defective rear axles that were fitted on ’04 Ford Explorer SUVs and its derivatives within the past month. A Ford spokesman tells Ward’s that rear axles for the Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator were given the wrong mix of lubricant and a friction additive between the build dates of March 29 and April 14 in St. Louis, which could lead to permanent axle damage, such as diminished ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.