A desire to perfect the next-generation Scion tC is stalling the car’s launch, Ward’s is told. “We want to ensure we have the right styling and the right driving dynamics,” says Jim Lentz, president-Toyota Motor Sales USA. “As a result of that, it caused a delay in the overall timing of the product.” Lentz does not say when the new car will debut but warns holdups have a way of compounding themselves. An anticipated 4- or 5-month setback “can result in longer delays,” he says. “And that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.