One entirely unintended result of the excellent driving dynamics of Ford Motor Co.’s Focus: Ford’s best chassis engineers were immediately "head-hunted" by rival automakers. Of course, there is constant movement of engineers between the manufacturers. It’s inevitable, it happens in many other industries — and is especially prevalent when, like Audi AG and BMW AG, their R&D centers are located less than 50 miles (80 km) apart. In the case of Ford and the Focus, however, it’s become a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.