Borrowing cars from a foreign partner is becoming popular. It saves money and is a fast way to fill the model lineup. But that doesn't mean it will work. Look at these monthly sales figures for the Saab 9-2X, the “Saabaru” – a Subaru WRX transformed into a Saab. Feb. 2005 161 Jan. 2005 205 Dec. 2004 438 Nov. 2004 290 Oct. 2004 334 Sept. 2004 316 Aug. 2004 226 July 2004 135 June 2004 48 Skip June's start and it's an average of 255 sales a month. That looks like a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.