Chery Automotive launches in Australia March 1 with two passenger cars, including the J1, a 1.3L 5-door hatchback. With the J1’s retail cost of A$11,990 ($12,105), including all taxes and on-road charges, the Melbourne Age newspaper says Chery is turning the clock back 25 years for new-car buyers, with a price that is less than a Toyota Corolla’s sticker in 1986. The J1, only available with a manual transmission, has power steering, air-conditioning, alloy wheels, power windows, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.