China’s Chery Automobiles Co. Ltd. produces its 2-millionth car in front of a crowd of 1,300 guests attending the off-line ceremony at the auto maker’s plant in Wuhu, Anhui province. Chery says in a statement it is the first independent Chinese brand to reach this production level and the country’s fifth auto maker to hit the mark. Predecessors include Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. (June 2002), FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. (July 2007), Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.