NEW YORK – With fewer than 15,000 Cobalts in inventory, Chevrolet is ramping up its Lordstown, OH, plant to begin mass production of the all-new ’11 Cruze compact car in time to reach dealer showrooms by mid-September. “The Cruze is an important launch for us,” says Jim Campbell, vice president-marketing for Chevrolet, promising a last-minute electrical glitch in pre-production mules won't delay Job One. General Motors Co. engineers are working on a fix for a defect that drains the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.