DETROIT – Newly focused on fuel-efficient passenger cars, General Motors Co. will reveal at next week’s North American International Auto Show here a near-production Chevrolet Aveo RS subcompact car. GM says the hatchback hints at the next-generation Aveo, which according to Ward’s data will come from the auto maker’s Orion Twp., MI, assembly plant next year as a fully redesigned ’11 model-year vehicle. The car currently is built in Bupyong, South Korea, but GM gained labor concessions ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.