CHICAGO – Chevrolet could jump back into the rear-wheel-drive sedan market with a future Impala, the division’s top executive says. Chevrolet long has been rumored to be eying a slightly larger, RWD replacement for the Impala, which would separate the car in both size and character from the midsize Malibu. Speculation is the car would come off a future RWD platform (Zeta) that also could produce the Chevrolet Camaro, if the sports coupe gets the green light for production, as is widely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.