SINGAPORE – General Motors Corp. is expected to announce it will replace the Daewoo brand name in the Asia/Pacific region with Chevrolet. Industry sources tells the Business Times that Singapore will be among the first markets where the Chevrolet tag is used on existing Daewoo products. The Chevy brand already is used in other markets in the region, including China, Japan and Thailand. However, it has not been used on models previously known as Daewoos. In Thailand, for instance, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.