JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – After an absence of more than 20 years, Chevrolet is making a comeback in South Africa. Delta Motor Corp., 49% owned by General Motors Corp., recently announced that Chevy vehicles would go on sale in South Africa before the end of the year. Willie van Wyk, Delta’s managing director, says Chevrolets will be available in late October, although he declines to specify which models will be available. Chevrolet is seen as a brand that epitomizes the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.