CHICAGO – Ford Motor Co.’s CrossTrainer – the multi-purpose 7-passenger cross/utility vehicle unveiled here Feb. 6 – will have an all-new muscular sedan as its platform mate, Ward’s has learned. CrossTrainer, codenamed D219, will be built at Ford’s Chicago Assembly Plant in 2004 as an ’05 model. Rolling out of the same plant will be D258, described by a Ford source as looking “like a Lincoln LS on steroids.” In broadest strokes, its target demographic is males. Ford confirms it has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.