The Chinese government is extending incentives for buyers purchasing new cars. The move includes a subsidy program that encourages farmers and other rural residents to buy new vehicles. Industry and Information Technology Minister Li Yizhong tells a news conference the incentive programs are being extended because of their success in stimulating domestic demand. “The fundamental reason behind the dynamic performance is the series of stimulus policies we doled out,” Li is quoted as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.