NEW YORK –Volkswagen AG sold about 500,000 cars in China last year, allowing the country to vault past the U.S. as its top overseas market. China is VW’s No.1 market for sales of models such as the Jetta. VW sold about 425,000 cars in the U.S. last year, including those under the Audi brand. Volker Steinwascher, a VW board member and chief of North American operations, says Chinese sales are growing at a 5%-10% annual rate. Steinwascher declines to reveal VW's margins in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.