TAIPEI – China Motor Corp. plans to establish a new automobile and parts-manufacturing operation on the Chinese mainland with an eye toward producing 300,000 vehicles annually. The company, which is moving aggressively to tap into China’s growing market, is working with 37 auto parts suppliers to locate a site for the manufacturing complex in Fujian province. Sources here say the most likely location for the project, which China Motor hopes to complete by 2005, is a 3,000-acre (1,214-ha) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.