SHANGHAI — China approves Volkswagen AG's plan to develop a compact car with one of its local joint venture partners (see FOCUS ON CHINA — April '99, p.6). The car, as yet unnamed, will be built at the Shanghai production plant where Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. — a 50/50 JV with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. — currently produces the Santana and Santana 2000 models. Possibly a derivative of VW's European Lupo subcompact car, this model is Volkswagen's response to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.