China is accused of hosting much of the world’s booming counterfeit auto-parts production in a new report entitled “The Economic Impact of Counterfeiting and Piracy” by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. “China has repeatedly been identified as the principal source of counterfeit activity in the automotive sector, involving both trademark and design infringements,” the Paris-based OECD says. “A major Japanese manufacturer indicated almost 90% of the cases affecting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.