China wants to reduce the number of its major auto makers from 14 to 10 and have two or three powerhouse vehicle manufacturers with annual sales and production capacity of 2 million units and another four to five companies with the ability to sell 1 million vehicles a year. The Shanghai Daily quotes two unnamed officials from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers as saying this is part of a plan to increase the market share of domestic-brand vehicles to 40% from 34% now. None ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.