When it comes to marketing new vehicles in rural China, it may be not a matter of building bridges to potential buyers but rather building bridges for them. Jiangling Motors Sales Corp., a major producer of commercial vehicles, spent RMB1 million ($146,460) in 2008 building more than 20 small bridges for rural motorists. Deputy General Manager Wu Jie tells the government’s Xinhua news agency the truck maker has spent a total of RMB3 million ($429,375) on its bridge-building program in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.