MUMBAI – Media reports are circulating widely here that China’s largest auto maker Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. and joint-venture partner General Motors Co. are discussing a possible SAIC stake in General Motors India Ltd. Both auto makers have declined to confirm the talks, but some of their statements reveal more than they conceal. GM’s Shanghai-based spokesman Michael Albano is quoted by the The Wall Street Journal as saying GM and SAIC often discuss mutual opportunities. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.