The Chinese government is questioning the sale of General Motors Corp.’s Hummer luxury division to a Chinese industrial group, saying the move belies the country’s 'economic situation and clashes with future development goals. The government-controlled Xinhua news agency quotes Lu Zhongyuan, vice director of the country's cabinet, as saying Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. Ltd. may just be trying to stir up media hype. “If (Tengzhong) really takes this step to buy, relevant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.