Growth of China's new-car sales slowed to 25% in May, as dealers moved 885,800 units, the China Automotive Technology & Research Center (CATRC) reports. The result was down from April’s 34% increase. CATRC blamed falling stock prices for eroding wealth as consumer prices continued to rise, the government’s Xinhua news agency reports. CATRC Director Zhao Hang is quoted as saying vehicle production of 1.31 million units in May was down 14.4% from the previous month, although still up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.