Audi sales looking up BEIJING — Last fall marked the successful debut of the Audi A6 in China and sales of Audis this year in China are up, says Audi AG Chairman Franz-Josef Paefgen. Sales last year were down by 8.8% from 1998, to some 6,900 units. A total of 3,000 Audi cars were sold in China during the first quarter of this year. Paefgen says building a solid presence in China is of great importance to Audi. The automaker will attempt to attract more private buyers in a bid to further ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.