Ssangyong sells plant SEOUL — Ssangyong Motors Corp. agrees to sell its mothballed heavy truck plant in China to Huizong Automotive Manufacturing, which has partnership agreements with General Motors Corp. and Volkswagen AG. Ssangyong also has contracted to provide car-making technology to Huizhong, which manufactures cars and trucks. The Chinese firm will pay US$3.2 million for the plant, which has been idle since October 1998, and all existing equipment. Huizhong will pay Ssangyong an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.