Car prices to continue slide BEIJING — Prices of automobiles in China are expected to continue falling in 1999, market experts here say. Sales of motor vehicles are estimated at about 1.7 million units next year, 3% to 5% over 1998. Sales of passenger cars, however, will account for less than 600,000 units. Last year's sluggish market increased auto inventory by a large margin, forcing prices to decline. Dirty cars run off China roads BEIJING — The Beijing government plans to remove ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.