Car sales up for 1999 SHANGHAI — China reports a rise of 12.3% for 1999 car sales over the previous year, to 570,410 units. Total production grew 11.5% on year to 565,366 units, reports say. Luxury and mid-sized cars account for 9.3% of the total, at 54,927 units. Shanghai-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd.'s Santana, the market leader, fell to 40.9% of total market share, from 47.9% the previous year. State bans new car projects BEIJING — China's State Machine-Building Industry Bureau, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.