AUBURN HILLS – Chrysler Group spent $400 million to accommodate a 2-row, fold-in-the-floor seating system for its ’05 family of minivans, updating a platform that will continue to serve as the underpinnings for its next-generation minivan, due out within the next two years. Chrysler’s ’05 minivans feature innovative 2-row fold-in-the-floor seating. The massive changes to the underbody structure technically do not constitute a new platform, says Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler chief ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.