Volkswagen of America Inc. is unfazed about postponement of the Routan’s production restart, even though April was the minivan’s best-ever sales month. Current inventory will support near-term sales of the new-for-’09 minivan, even if there is bounce from a just-launched brand-focused ad campaign, the auto maker says. Routan output was scheduled to resume in June, ending a 6-month hiatus. Chrysler LLC’s bankruptcy-induced manufacturing pause, which could last through June, triggered the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.