KOKOMO, IN – Chrysler Group begins initial production of its new 5-speed automatic rear-wheel-drive transmission at its new Indiana Transmission Plant II (ITP II) here. The launch marks the culmination of a $455 million investment and 30 months of construction on the 600,000 sq.-ft. (55,742 sq.-m.) facility. The new facility, which marks a milestone in Chrysler’s plans to shift its large cars from front-wheel drive to rear-wheel drive, will begin producing the new transmission on a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.