A deal has been struck that would see DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group build minivans in St. Louis for Volkswagen AG, but its ripple effects are expected to be felt from Canada to Austria. The agreement, Ward's has learned, needs only to be signed. Consistent with Chrysler's goal to increase its capacity utilization while advancing its flexible manufacturing strategy, the deal would consolidate minivan production in North America. Dodge Caravan Chrysler's St. Louis South ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.