Chrysler Group reaches a formal agreement with Volkswagen AG that will allow the Auburn Hills, MI-based auto maker to build VW-brand minivans in the U.S. for the North American market. The new vehicles will be based on Chrysler’s next-generation minivan platform, codenamed RT, and will begin production sometime in 2008, Chrysler says. Although Chrysler reportedly will manage the engineering for the new VW long-wheelbase-only minivans, VW will handle the design of the vehicle’s interior ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.