TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Chrysler Group’s decision to reuse existing tooling at its Newark, DE, assembly plant for production of the new Dodge Durango is cutting capital expenditures for the program by 30%. Utilizing existing tooling reduces capital expenditure for new Dodge Durango 30%. The auto maker says the methods used in the Durango program will flow through to other vehicle projects currently under development. Unlike previous programs that required significant downtime for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.