No doubt a sign expensive gasoline is affecting vehicle purchase decisions, Chrysler Group has significantly cut production of its Hemi V-8, which has become ubiquitous across its fullsize car, pickup and SUV lineup, Ward’s learns. Manufacturing sources close to the now-iconic Hemi say the daily build rate for the 5.7L mill is down from 1,500 units in August to less than 1,200 in September. Chrysler is considering further Hemi production cuts by the end of the year as consumers take a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.