MARYSVILLE, MI – Chrysler LLC has no Plan B in its bid to introduce a dual-clutch transmission in North America – an anticipated milestone crumbling under the weight of a key supplier’s bankruptcy. Bob Lee, Chrysler vice president-powertrain product and engineering team, tells Ward’s the auto maker has no timetable to debut the technology, which currently is offered on the European-market Dodge Journey cross/utility vehicle. The admission comes in the wake of Getrag Transmission Mfg. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.