CHELSEA, MI – With Ford Motor Co. ready to launch its new Escape Hybrid SUV and Toyota Motor Corp. enjoying strong sales momentum for its Prius hybrid passenger car, Chrysler Group is downplaying the potential sales impact of its ’05 hybrid Dodge Ram Contractor Special pickup. The auto maker now says it may not launch “series production” of the pickup when the truck becomes available later this fall. Instead, it likely will promote the truck to fleet customers, while limiting potential ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.