Is there room for two competing commercial vans in a Chrysler-Fiat alliance? Insiders and observers are scratching their heads over that one as Chrysler LLC and Fiat Auto SpA finalize details of a tentative agreement that would give the Italian auto maker a 35% stake in Chrysler. In return, Chrysler would acquire access to Fiat’s small-car platforms and downsized, fuel-efficient engines. But a look into the future at a combined Chrysler-Fiat operation shows there is potential for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.