Chrysler Group is building pilot vehicles of its new D-segment car – well ahead of schedule – at its assembly plant in Sterling Heights, MI, says Frank Ewasyshyn, executive vice president-manufacturing. Lessons learned at Chrysler’s production site in Belvidere, IL, have helped accelerate the pace of retooling at Sterling Heights, Ewasyshyn tells Ward’s. It is the second application of Chrysler’s new flexible manufacturing process and represents an investment of $506 million in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.