CHELSEA, MI – Despite gas-price pressures that threaten to overwhelm the U.S. fullsize-pickup market, Chrysler LLC isn’t sparing the horses with the rollout of its redesigned-for-’09 Dodge Ram. The auto maker trumpets the capabilities of its upgraded 5.7L Hemi V-8 to claim best-in-class output at 390 hp, a 13% hike over the ’08 model. However, the engine will benefit from a 4% boost in fuel economy. Chrysler also promises a 6% fuel-economy improvement when the Ram is powered by the auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.