AUBURN HILLS, MI – Chrysler Group LLC is rolling out a logistics-improvement initiative inspired by partner Fiat Auto SpA’s World-Class Manufacturing system, a key executive tells Ward’s. Pietro Gorlier, president and CEO of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, says World-Class Logistics also is borrowed from Fiat. And, he says, its premise is simple: deliver “the right part, to the right place, at the right time with the right quality.” Pilot programs are under way at Chrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.