CHELSEA, MI – If approved for production, a new family of V-6 engines under development at DaimlerChrysler AG would be shared by Chrysler Group and the Mercedes Car Group. Chrysler also will get access to Bluetec, an advanced diesel technology pioneered by Mercedes-Benz, says Frank O. Klegon, Chrysler executive vice president-product development. The new global V-6, tentatively scheduled for production at three U.S. plants and one in Germany, would be featured in vehicles bearing badges ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.