DETROIT – That thing got a Hemi? Unless you ask, you may never know when it comes to the all-new ’11 Jeep Grand Cherokee midsize SUV. In a bid to ensure its new 3.6L Pentastar V-6 engine captures the spotlight, Ward’s learns Chrysler Group LLC is leaving the vaunted Hemi badge off Grand Cherokees equipped with the optional V-8. But the move is not an indictment of the Hemi, a Chrysler insider says, pointing to the mix planned for the redesigned SUV launching here at the auto maker’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.