TOLEDO, OH – Flush with new, fuel-efficient 4-cyl. mills, Chrysler Group is studying the feasibility of equipping its redesigned Jeep Wrangler with a version of its World Engine, says the auto maker’s president and CEO. Tom LaSorda makes the revelation as Chrysler takes the wraps off a new manufacturing model here, where the first 2-door Wrangler units are just beginning to roll off the assembly line. Production of the 4-door Wrangler Unlimited began last month, culminating a $2.1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.